Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Eve & Christmas 2015

I love this time of year and  how the season becomes so much more when you have a 3-year old who just gets so excited over every Christmas light, story, and thing. When we were making cookies the night before and Sawyer was telling me how he was so excited for Santa to come, I couldn't help but feel almost childlike again. Kids just do something to the season that makes the spirit of it all just so much more.


The night before, my parents were in town and my Mom and I were able to get a little shopping done before our Christmas Eve service at church. Afterwards, we all took Christmas pictures in front of our little tree and went to church. Our church service was geared towards kids this year, so Sawyer and Rhett were able to join us for the service. The little kids sang carols and then put on a cute little play. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad that we were all able to enjoy that together.
After the service, we went to a Christmas Eve party briefly before heading home to open up our Christmas pajamas and make some Christmas cookies. Sawyer was very excited and an awesome helper in the kitchen as we talked about this season and watched the cookies bake in the oven. After the kids were asleep, Z and I hung out and chatted. It was a really fun and peaceful night.


The next morning we actually had to wake Sawyer up--I think it's because we stayed up late making cookies, but I was not complaining for those few extra moments of sleep-- and Z videotaped him as he sprung out of bed and questioned why Santa didn't eat all of the cookies--he had 2 out of 3! We then opened presents and Sawyer graciously helped Rhett open his too. Poor Rhett was just so confused and amazed by it all. Sweet boy.


For Christmas breakfast, I made biscuits, a fruit salad, and a breakfast casserole. My Mom would always make something similar for us growing up, so I liked keeping that tradition alive.


After face-timing our families, we enjoyed a lazy day of watching The Grinch and playing with toys. The perfect and most magical Christmas.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well and here's to a happy and healthy 2016!

2 comments:

Annie said...

So glad y'all had such a sweet Christmas!!!

Jillian Manesh said...

looks like a great christmas!! i love their pjs! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...